fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Printer Repair Kits    Cartridges    Fusers    Specials    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

Ink System Failure Solution

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

Ink System Failure Solution by mamamiasacajaweja (6/2/08 4:02 PM) reply + / -
Christina: Let us perform some steps to isolate the issue and find a fix for it.
Christina: Please perform the following steps and let me know the message that will be displayed on the printer.
Christina: A. - Press and hold the “*” key.
B. - Press the “#” key and release both keys.
Display should say “Enter Special Key Combo”
C. - Press and release in sequence the “1”, “2” and “3” buttons.
CustomerName: ok
CustomerName: screen says "support" R0631M
Christina: Fine.
Christina: 2. Press and release the right arrow button until the display says “System Configuration Menu”.
Christina: 3. Press and release the “OK” button.
Christina: 4. Display should say “Hardware failure status”. If not there already, Arrow Key over to “Hardware failure status”,
Christina: 5. Press and release the “OK” button.
Christina: 6. Display should say “Hardware failure status: Clear. Press OK to clear”.
CustomerName: yup
Christina: 7. Press and release the “OK” Button. Message changes to “Hardware failure status Cleared. Press Cancel to continue”.
Christina: 8. Press and release the “CANCEL” button as many times as necessary, so that, either the “Welcome to Photosmart Express” screen appears, or, the “Ink System Failure” screen appears. PLEASE DO NOT TRY TO PRINT AT THIS STAGE.
Christina: 9. Using the Power Button, turn the unit OFF and unplug the power cable from back of the printer and wall outlet.
CustomerName: done
Christina: Fine.
Christina: 10. Wait 30 seconds for the power to get discharged and then plug the power cable into the wall outlet first and then into the back of the printer
CustomerName: done
Christina: 11. Turn the unit on. The printer may display message “USE POWER BUTTON TO SHUTDOWN THE PRINTER” followed by “PRESS OK TO CONTINUE”. Press OK. The Printer will start the “ONE TIME INK INITIALIZATION PROCESS”. Allow this process to complete and do not interrupt. Once the initialization process is complete, the printer will print out a Diagnostic Page.
CustomerName: made a buncha noise, and it didn't print a diagnostic page
Christina: Good.
Christina: Is the error message still being displayed on the printer?
CustomerName: nope
Christina: Good.
CustomerName: should I try to print something?
Christina: Let us print a self test page to check the functionality of the printer.
Christina: Press Setup menu on the All-in-One then scroll using the arrow key and select Print Report then select Self Test Report.

Re: Ink System Failure Solution by mmwilson8103 (6/10/08 5:51 PM) reply + / -
I have an HP C6180 all in one and tried this an other solutions (hold ok, cancel, black and color buttons while turning the printer off) and nothing works I still get the Ink System Failure. Please help

Re: Ink System Failure Solution by VB (8/21/08 8:24 PM) reply + / -
I have an HP C6180 all in one, tried the 4 button hold nothing. Then I replaced original cartridges, Used the above steps 1-8 and was up and running, then one at the time replaced them with the refillable ones. The cyan cartridge gave the fault, and the yellow made the quantity icons disappear.

Re: Ink System Failure Solution by oharris30 (9/26/08 9:29 PM) reply + / -
I had the ink system failure error and followed the examples I read but received the enter special key combo. What is this???

Re: Ink System Failure Solution by omegared (10/24/08 11:02 AM) reply + / -
I dub thee saint.

I am angry at HP. How dare they make a product that is conditioned to fail and then charge people for a simple step by step solution. May health and prosperity transfer to you mamamiasacajaweja for your act of defiance by posting this transcript.

Re: Ink System Failure Solution by infotime (1/24/09 8:50 AM) reply + / -
> 8. Press and release the “CANCEL” button as many times as necessary, so that, either the “Welcome to Photosmart Express” screen appears, or, the “Ink System Failure” screen appears.

I did this step about 60 times and it seems like an endless loop. Should I just do it 250 times until it clears or should I try something else?

Re: Also works for Photosmart C6150 by mrtoner (3/6/09 2:04 PM) reply + / -
Works for the C6150 as well. Stepped a client through this over the phone and it's now working.

Re: Ink System Failure Solution by twotimeoccurance! (6/20/09 6:09 PM) reply + / -
This is the 2nd time this message has come up and now I've tried again and again and it is not working. Any suggestions or should I just keep trying. Last time it took a couple of days!! Yikes!!

Re: Re: Ink System Failure Solution by Anonymous (6/27/09 4:53 AM) reply + / -
problem for hp printer

Re: Ink System Failure Solution by kevireno (9/22/09 6:07 AM) reply + / -
I get an ink system failure with error code 0xc19a003d. when I go through the above steps, I get a code R0625M, and then back to the ink systerm failure code.????

Re: Ink System Failure Solution by Anonymous (10/12/09 3:45 PM) reply + / -
I was working on a C6150 same problem Ink Failure. This solution helped me out. Thank you

Re: Ink System Failure HP Photosmart D6168 by Anonymous (11/15/09 11:07 PM) reply + / -
Hi guys,can anyone comment on the same issue:" Ink System Failure" for the HP Photosmart D6168 printer . I am looking for serious healp.My warranty is over and I have installed two original cartridges and got refilled two.
I would appretiate any healp ... (:')

Re: Ink System Failure Solution by Anonymous (1/12/10 9:01 PM) reply+1 + / -
THANK YOU. Even though the post is from 2008, if was the exact fix for my printer. I searched all day on HP forums, tried all the solutions there, but yours was the only thing that worked. I know to come to this forum whenever I have printer problems and not rely on HP's website forum.
THANK YOU!!!!!!

Re: Ink System Failure Solution by Anonymous (3/12/10 7:13 PM) reply + / -
I THANK YOU FOR THIS FORUM!!!! I just got off the phone with HP and basically they were telling me that I needed to purchase a new printer. I purchased my printer in August of 2008. It is gently used (I was changing out the original ink cartridges that came with the unit when I saw this message). And the tech, although he was only doing his job and he was very nice, informed me that he COULD help me but wasn't sure if it would even work and that there would be a charge. I glad that I was so enraged to look a little harder for my solution. Thank you again so very much!!!

Re: Ink System Failure Solution by Anonymous (3/25/10 6:43 AM) reply + / -
Tried the above fix on my 6180 and it worked! Really disappointed in HP tech support. Trying to get in touch for a week. Thanks so much for the help.

Re: Ink System Failure Solution by Anonymous (4/25/10 11:18 AM) reply + / -
i did the first part of reset. the came with r0046 in the suport.

johna

Re: Ink System Failure Solution by Joe lok (5/15/10 11:22 AM) reply + / -
I followed the procedure provided by mamamiasacajaweja once and still received the Ink System Failure message. I repeated the process and it was successful. On the second try, the sequence was identical to the dialog in the solution, including how I had to print the test page at the end.
Thanks mamamiasacajaweja for taking time to share this on the internet. Sounds like many folks are being helped, including me.

Re: Ink System Failure Solution by Anonymous (5/16/10 8:13 PM) reply + / -
Spared so much aggravation - thank you for posting this information.

Re: Ink System Failure Solution by jc123 (5/19/10 7:32 AM) reply + / -
Having the error message 0xc18a0501 with my Photosmart D7160 having inserted new cartridges. Can anyone help???

Re: Ink System Failure Solution by JulioCam (6/25/10 10:48 AM) reply + / -
Thanks a lot. This worked for me too.

Re: Ink System Failure Solution by WineFlirt (6/28/10 2:36 PM) reply + / -
Outstanding solution. Thank you SO MUCH for sharing. My HP has been plagued on and off with this Ink System Failure issue for some time and finally a solution. When I called HP and had to pay for a solution. It didn't work.I was told to buy a new HP Printer and they would be happy to sell it to me right on the phone. Oh, Joy! Given this issue and the Shut Down Improperly error message with a resulting inabiity to use my C6180 wirelessly, which is the initial reason I bought it, an HP product will not be my next printer.

Thank you again for your help. Much appreciated!

Re: Ink System Failure Solution by larryp (8/23/10 12:58 PM) reply+1 + / -
Have HP C6280 photosmart printer. Just got message Ink System Failure. Error 0xc18a0101. Anyone know how to fix this?

Re: Ink System Failure Solution by CLHALLRN (9/17/10 10:35 AM) reply + / -
Thank you so much for posting how you fixed your printer. It worked for me. Thanks again.

Re: Ink System Failure Solution by jerimiahjohnson (11/17/10 4:43 AM) reply + / -
help! getting an ink system failure message: 0xc19a003d can this actually be fixed or do I chuck the thing in the trash? help

Re: Ink System Failure Solution by HP SUCKS (2/9/11 9:10 AM) reply + / -
HP SUCKS Buy something else. They do this purposely. I knew someone who worked for HP.

Re: Ink System Failure Solution by FLMD (2/21/11 2:37 PM) reply + / -
Ink System Failure
Oxc18a0206
Window & prem

Re: Ink System Failure Solution by xxxkat (3/27/11 4:47 PM) reply + / -
I have tried everything I can think of but can't seem to get rid of this error on my Photosmart 8250. The first error was that the ink was expired. I've replace all of them and now this.

Re: Ink System Failure Solution by ccf (3/28/11 5:49 AM) reply + / -
Thank you so much mamamiasacajaweja! I was about to lose my mind with this stupid printer. You made my day.

hp 6100 series by believeLG (3/31/11 2:29 PM) reply + / -
Keep getting "Remove and check cartridge". Please can someone help ?

Re: Ink System Failure Solution by Pranav Shah (4/26/11 9:27 PM) reply + / -
THIS REALLY WORKED FOR ME...!!!! THANKS A LOT...!!!!!

Re: Ink System Failure Solution by Tiina (5/12/11 12:28 PM) reply + / -
mamamiasacajaweja solution fixed my HP Photosmart C7280.... at least for now. I hope it doesn't happen again.
I couldn't be happier that it worked.
Many thanks!

Re: Ink System Failure Solution by andria (5/31/11 9:47 AM) reply + / -
I've followed of the above steps for the C6180 and now its showing pump motor stalled. How could I fix this? Thanks

Re: Ink System Failure Solution by paulmedia (6/8/11 12:19 PM) reply + / -
Woo hoo it worked. Thanks for the help!

Paul

Re: Ink System Failure Solution by jamest601 (9/9/11 4:00 AM) reply + / -
I have a HP Photosmart 3210 and am having hte same Ink System failure problem as decribed above.
I can access the "special key combo" menu, although on this printer its accessed buy holding down the "setup" key and the left and right arrows at the same time.

However inputting 1, 2 and the 3 brings up a different menu that does not display the "system configuration menu"

Instead it brings up "Support R0034"

I have tried numerous other combinations including

1, 2 and 4 = Underware R0043

1, 2 and 7 = MFG R0043

But none of these can I find any reference to Hardware failure status....

Can anyone help please?????

Re: Ink System Failure Solution by jamest601 (9/9/11 4:15 AM) reply + / -
I have finally managed to sort out the problem by the looks of things thanks to this forum

In the end i used the following

hold down the ok, cancel black and colour buttons and turn off the machine holding all buttons down until its shut off, then turn back on and repeat "twice" until the printer resets itself.

It then runs through a series of maintance cycles until hey presto its cleared!!

That is a result

Forget HP customer support they are usless

Re: Ink System Failure Solution by Printer_works_now! (9/21/11 6:10 PM) reply-1 + / -
Success!! I have an older HP Photosmart C6180 and received the OXC18A0201 error message last week. So, I replaced an older ink cartridge that showed needed replaced even though it was full. Still, the same error code appeared and would not let me print. The printer message screen again said 'Ink System Failure' refer to printer documentation. So, I called HP Support and gave them the error code. The support person told me the printer had failed and that I must buy a new refurbished model (Photosmart C410A) for $139.99. I balked and then searched the internet and found this forum. I followed mamamiasacajaweja's solution and it worked like a gem. The printer now prints as normal. No more error code! Shame on HP! Obviously a scheme to try and milk more money out of consumers unnecessarily.

Re: Ink System Failure Solution by Kickyourace (11/17/11 7:24 PM) reply+1 + / -
This worked for me but originally I had a no black ink printing. Swapped black cartridges with a fresh one and still doesn't print. Any thoughts on how to get this to work?

Re: Ink System Failure Solution by smhayward (11/28/11 6:22 AM) reply + / -
Thanks a million! Worked with my HP C7280.

Re: Ink System Failure Solution by NolaLady (12/5/11 9:48 AM) reply + / -
I followed mamamiasacajaweja's solution and it worked like a gem for me, too! Thank YOU. Try it!

Re: Ink System Failure Solution by hp_printer_user (2/24/12 10:04 AM) reply + / -
I did *,# 123 but in the menu I do not see System Config...I am browsing with RIGHT arrow key...Any help very much appreciated

Re: Ink System Failure Solution by hp_printer_user (2/24/12 10:17 AM) reply + / -
It worked ....but the color is a bit offset...any suggestions

Re: Ink System Failure Solution by work printer work (4/20/12 8:55 PM) reply+1 + / -
Thanks. Followed the instructions here and worked like a charm. Thank you so much. Community helping each other is awesome.

Re: Ink System Failure Solution by Denver Gypsy Boys (11/30/12 6:16 PM) reply + / -
Was getting an 0xc1a80201 on a HP photosmart C7280 and this fixed the problem. And I also discovered a bitchin' website in the process. Where do I send the donation for being awesome?

Re: Ink System Failure Solution by tmb (4/16/13 8:11 AM) reply + / -
mamamiasacajaweja, whoever you are. THANK YOU!!! This worked when nothing else did!!

Re: Ink System Failure Solution by MissD (5/22/13 6:30 PM) reply + / -
Worked like a charm!!:) You are awesome for posting this to help people who are going through the same thing you went through!! Glad to know that good people like you still exist!:) Thank you soooo much!!!

Re: Ink System Failure Solution by GuadalupeB (6/24/13 7:12 PM) reply + / -
I need help I have an HP Photosmart 8250 and I am getting a ink message and I am having problems printing anything. PLEASE HELP.

Re: Ink System Failure Solution by guapo (9/7/13 8:16 PM) reply + / -
Thank you so much! It's so good to see people helping others with solutions! HP printer was acting up with the OXC18A0201 code and this solution fixed it and allowed me to print my time-sensitive document. Thank you again for posting!!!

Re: Ink System Failure Solution by jackcannon (9/10/13 11:27 AM) reply + / -
it worked.the post at the top of the page by mamamiasacajaweja works.thank you

I hate HP.

Re: Ink System Failure Solution by oschavez4 (9/30/13 10:00 AM) reply + / -
I have a stand alone hp 8250 printer keep getting ink system failure, have taken apart cleaned what needed to be cleaned and put back together brand new ink and still get the error code.
0xc18a0001 can anyone help me or do i need to get a new printer. That is a last resort

Re: Re: Ink System Failure Solution by oschavez4 (9/30/13 2:42 PM) reply + / -
please let me know if you found a solution to your problem I also have an hp 8250 with and ink sytem failure. any help

Re: Ink System Failure Solution by OfficeAssistant (10/25/13 1:40 PM) reply + / -
Five years later but instructions posted worked perfectly! Thank you.

Re: Ink System Failure Solution by newafrica123 (11/6/13 9:35 PM) reply + / -
Christina: A. - Press and hold the “*” key.
B. - Press the “#” key and release both keys.

Where are these keys.

Re: Ink System Failure Solution by rustmanGT (1/29/14 12:07 PM) reply + / -
I've done the following steps 8 times now and I still get the Ink System Failure Error: 0xc18a0206 error. Help!

Re: Ink System Failure Solution by misslaine (3/11/14 10:28 PM) reply + / -
Thank you very much! This solution worked on my HP C7180 printer after I did this twice.

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters