fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Printer Repair Kits    Cartridges    Fusers    Specials    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

49.4C02 Service Error

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

49.4C02 Service Error by rfr (7/29/08 8:36 AM) reply + / -
I have a Laserjet 3700 network printer that has the following error message: "49.4C02 Service Error". How do I fix this problem? Can anyone help.

Thanks
rfr

Re: 49.4C02 Service Error by printertech_us (7/29/08 5:10 PM) reply + / -
Download and upgrade the new firmware might solve the problem. I did that before.

Re: 49.4C02 Service Error by KenD (6/17/09 2:28 PM) reply + / -
I have an HP LaserJet p3005 printer and it says "49.CO2 Error" and below that it says "Power off then on" but when I turn it off and then back on, the same message is still there. What do I do to fix this?

Re: Re: 49.4C02 Service Error by MiniViking (6/24/09 12:07 PM) reply + / -
This has already been spoken of a while back. Here is the link:

http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/forums/laser/54166

It seems that they have your solution KenD.

Re: Re: 49.4C02 Service Error by Anonymous (1/17/10 10:54 PM) reply + / -
I have an HP LaserJet p3005 printer and it says "49.CO2 Error" and below that it says "Power off then on" but when I turn it off and then back on, the same message is still there. What do I do to fix this?

Re: 49.4C02 Service Error by Big Al (1/26/10 5:47 AM) reply + / -
For some time now we have been aware of high failure rates with the Formatter boards in the HP2420, the HP3005 and the HP615 Network Interface Cards. Searching the HP printer forums we learned some interesting concepts.
In the printer repair field the failure rates of these items is epidemic. Theories mostly centered on heat factors as the cause. Our testing and research seems to show that vibration is the most likely culprit. A secondary consideration is the different heat induced expansion and contraction rates of the chip and the board it is mounted on.
These printed circuit cards have special processor chips that are surface mounted on the card with a Ball-Grid-Array soldering technique. The chip has a tiny blob of solder on each contact instead of a protruding pin. The board is coated with rosin, the chip is placed on the board then the board goes through an oven. The temperature must be at least 361 Fahrenheit to melt the solder.
The boards we are working with were soldered with lead based solder. Later boards using the Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS) compatible solder need higher temperatures to melt the lead-free solder. At this time we have no experience with the RoHS boards and data seems to show these later model boards do not have many problems.
Some technicians have been baking the defective boards in a convection oven to try to re-solder the connections. They have had pretty good success with this technique if close attention is paid to the temperature and time. We discussed this and decided heating the chip with a heat gun and monitoring the temperature of the chip with a remote reading thermometer would be a more elegant method. We tried this on several HP600, HP615, and an HP620 NICs that were confirmed to be bad. Of the seven cards we were able to get four going again. The whole job took less than an hour and produced about $1,200 worth of repaired cards. Comments on the forum seem to indicate the repaired boards are reliable.
We then tried three HP 3005 formatters and all three worked after heating the processor chip.
We used a MASTER-MITE Model 1008 heat gun that puts out about five hundred degree Fahrenheit air to heat the chip. To check the temperature we used a CEN-TECH model 91778 Non-Contact Laser Thermometer. The laser points at the spot you are testing for temperature. This red laser beam will damage your eye if you look directly into the beam so please use caution.

FIGURE 1
FIGURE 1 shows the technique we used. This is a two person project. This card is an HP615 NIC. The rubber band holds down the trigger on the thermometer to make it easier to keep the laser dot on the chip. You can see the little red dot on the corner of the chip. The gun is heated to full temperature then held about one quarter inch (.5 centimeter) from the top of the processor chip. The binder clips on the edge of the board hold it up off the workbench and keep it level. Oscillate the heat gun a little to warm the whole surface of the chip. Keep the thermometer far enough away from to gun so you do not melt the plastic case!
It takes between two and three minutes to get the chip hot enough to re-melt the solder. As the temperature approaches 350f we momentarily moved the gun up and off the chip and checked the temperature of the chip. Then we briefly heated the chip again then checked the temperature. When the chip reached 370f to 390f we removed the heat gun and let the chip slowly cool back to room temperature. Shock cooling of silicone chips is not a good idea. Then we turned the heat gun to the cool down setting and shut off the thermometer.

FIGURE 2
FIGURE 2 shows the surface mount central processor chip. This one is on an HP 3005 Formatter board but with some variations in size they all look pretty much like this. Note the small components that are also surface mounted on the board. We need to be careful not to de-solder these.

Re: 49.4C02 Service Error by PRINK FLOYD (1/27/10 4:45 PM) reply + / -
The formatter board on the P3005 printer is defective.
Many of them are.
There are 3 ways to resolve the issue...
1) If your printer is under warranty, go for it.
2) You can replace the formatter at your additional expense.
3) Cut your losses and move on. You might find some satisfaction, by simply getting a large sledge hammer, then proceeding to beat the printer into small pieces.
Then carefully box up the carnage and FedEx it to HP with an explanatory note, just for fun.

49.ff07 service error by corporateprofile (4/19/12 6:17 AM) reply + / -
my HP laserjet P3005 gives me this error code 49.FF07 Service Error, can any body please help me with what to do.

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters